Tuesday, June 8, 2010

The Way It Started...

Let me say welcome back! I received a flurry of emails when i discontinued the picture blog and everyone has been so interested in what I'm doing this summer, so I've decided to keep a summer blog. This won't be anything fancy, but it will serve to keep everyone up to date. A little bit of background, I'm working for Kiewit, a civil construction company, at the Denver Union Station. I'm not entirely sure how I got the job. Kiewit tracked me down at Career Fair in the fall, said they wanted me to interview with them and gave me a job in October. They've also provided housing in the heart of downtown Denver, hence the title. I am now a construction worker living in a high-rise apartment. I'll write a few blogs explaining the living situation, the job and the people I work for. Just know that for now, this is the intro! Welcome aboard on this adventure!

2 comments:

  1. Your summer sure is going to be exciting! I'm so glad you're working with such awesome people. The hours sound long and crazy, but other than when you're with Ian, I've never seen you happier! Blessings to you, sweetie. Hang in there...hope to see you soon. ily!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay. Excited to read of your adventures.
    Love you,
    your other mom

    ReplyDelete