Friday, July 9, 2010

My Yellow Hard Hat!


As a new person on site, I was required to wear a white hard hat on the construction site. This signified that I was a newbie who didn't know the safety rules. In other words, if I did something stupid, please teach me and don't fire me. After 30 days I get to wear a yellow hard hat like everyone else. I've been really looking forward to getting my yellow hard hat so when it didn't show up, I started to wonder. My 30 days were over at the beginning of this week so by the end of the week I began to suspect that someone had forgotten me. I asked Aaron who promptly got embarrassed and promised I would have it by the end of the evening. Sure enough, before I left work he let me pick out a hat! I chose the wide brim like everyone else on my crew wears. This is the hard hat that will stay with me the rest of my time at Kiewit!

2 comments:

  1. How neat is that!!! What a summer you are having. Dave Derrick said that he is really enjoying your blog...especially since he is an engineer too and thinks the experiences you are having are priceless! Thanks for sharing your work pictures...we love knowing what you are doing. LY The Seniors

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, but your hard hat looks a lot cleaner than the guy in the "Power Washing" picture!

    ReplyDelete