Sunday, July 4, 2010

Shopping for a Wedding Dress...

Yesterday my mom, grandma and my bridesmaids (Bethany, Amy and Cynthia) went shopping for a wedding dress. I don't think I realized how complicated this was going to be. Richard was the funniest man and he was in charge of helping us get started. After a tour of the story he took me to the flower girl section to pick out white shoes to wear while trying on dresses. Then he started pulling out dresses, bras, slips, tiaras and veils. He taught Bethany (my maid of honor) how to put everything on me and then she was tasked with getting me dressed. I have never seen so many clips, snaps, and zippers before. Let alone all that fabric! Bethany was great at figuring it all out. We were laughing pretty hard together in the dressing room though. When I would come out in each dress, Richard would use clips to make all the dresses fit. The smallest they had in store was a four and I'm smaller than a zero, so nothing fit in the slightest. Richard worked wonders with those clips. He would then run to find a matching veil and hair piece to put my hair up. We didn't find the dress, but not from lack of trying. We will probably head out tomorrow to keep looking. At least now I know what I'm looking for!

1 comment:

  1. Glad to get to experience this with you and the gals today. You will make one BEAUTIFUL bride.

    ReplyDelete